● BYD's acceleration on promoting New Energy Vehicles. From the first new energy vehicle to the 1 millionth new energy vehicle in 13 years and from 1 million to 2 million in just 1 year and from 2 million to 3 million in just 6 months, BYD is actively promoting NEVs.
● "To reassure our customers about safety, we have made it a mission that we will carry to the end". In addition to the Blade Battery and CTB technology, BYD will also launch another safe and novel pioneering technology which will be equipped for the first time on the new model of its high-end brand, the Yangwang brand.
● BYD Auto will build up its brand matrix with five brands. These five brands are Dynasty, Ocean, Denza, Yangwang, and a new brand that specializes in professional and personalized identities.
● BYD operates globally. As a global seeker of talent, BYD acquires its talents worldwide. In terms of operation, BYD has extended its new energy vehicle footprint to over 400 cities across 70 countries and regions on 6 continents. In particular, BYD's new energy passenger cars have entered Norway, Germany, Japan, Thailand, Brazil, and other markets in the world. In the future, BYD's new energy passenger cars will enter more markets and will be manufactured as well as sold globally.
Shenzhen, China - On November 16, the roll-off production line ceremony of BYD's 3 millionth new energy vehicle was held at BYD's global headquarters. It was not only a symbolic milestone for BYD but also an important achievement for the development of new energy vehicles worldwide. While it took BYD 13 years to achieve the first one million new energy vehicle landmark, just one year later, BYD accomplished the milestone from "one million to two million new energy vehicles". Now, just in 6 months, BYD reached the milestone of " from two million to three million new energy vehicles". BYD has showcased a massive "acceleration" in the new energy vehicle industry, facilitating the rapid change of global green mobility. At the ceremony, Mr. Wang Chuanfu, Chairman and President of BYD, expressed his sincere gratitude to BYD customers, media friends, industry partners, peers, and employees.
BYD’s 3 millionth new energy vehicle rolling off the production line
At the event, Wang Chuanfu, Chairman and President of BYD, delivered the 3 millionth new energy vehicle to Wang Shuang, a soccer player who was named Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Player of the Year in 2018. “It is a great honor to be the owner of BYD's 3 millionth new energy vehicle”, said Wang Shuang, “I hope everyone can support sustainable mobility to help Cool the Earth by 1℃ and show our strength to the world.”
Wang Shuang became the owner of BYD's 3 millionth new energy vehicle
“Dealing with the industrial transformation and the ever-changing consumption trends in the future, BYD will continue to focus on scientific and technological innovation. In addition to that, BYD will keep on fulfilling people’s pursuit for a better life with leading technologies and diversified products”, said Wang Chuanfu.
He also stated that building on the existing “four-in-one” security system that guarantees the safety of battery’s raw materials, battery cells, battery packs, and vehicles, BYD would introduce another pioneering technology to further improve the security system. “To reassure our customers about safety, we have made it a mission that we will carry to the end”, said Wang Chuanfu.
Wang Chuanfu: To reassure our customers about safety, we have made it a mission that we will carry to the end
During the event, Wang Chuanfu announced that BYD would build a high-end brand targeting the luxury market, Yangwang, with disruptive technologies and products. Its upcoming model will launch in the first quarter of 2023, bringing users unprecedented high performance.
BYD Yangwang Brand will be built with disruptive technologies and products
In addition, in 2023, BYD will release a new brand grounded in highly professional and personalized identities, to meet the diversified demand of consumers. The brand will harness the co-creation with users and warmly welcome all the franchised dealerships to join BYD for its promotion.
Another professional and personalized BYD brand will be released in 2023
In the future, BYD Auto will form a powerful brand matrix including BYD (Dynasty & Ocean), Denza, Yangwang, and another new brand that specializes in professional and personalized identities, covering family cars and luxury cars. With popularized and personalized design, BYD will constantly provide high-quality products that address customers' ever-rising expectations.
BYD Auto’s multi-brand strategy to promote high-quality development
Furthermore, BYD will adhere to its global strategy by further developing the global market and promoting the passenger vehicle industry globally. Currently, BYD has extended its new energy vehicle footprint to over 400 cities across 70 countries and regions on 6 continents.
BYD will adhere to its global strategy by further developing the global market and promoting the passenger vehicle industry globally
The roll-off of the 3 millionth NEV is not only an important milestone in BYD's history but also the vital landmark of witnessing the acceleration of global green mobility. In the future, BYD will continue to cooperate with partners from various sectors to achieve high-quality development. Under this collaboration, BYD will also persist in facilitating the progress of the global new energy vehicle industry and accelerating the transition of our mother planet to become a greener world.
BYD is a multinational high-tech company devoted to leveraging technological innovations for a better life. Founded in 1995 as a rechargeable battery maker, BYD now boasts a diverse business scope covering automobiles, rail transit, new energy, and electronics, with over 30 industrial parks in China, the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, Hungary, and India. From energy generation and storage to its applications, BYD is dedicated to providing zero-emission energy solutions that reduce global reliance on fossil fuels. Its new energy vehicle footprint now covers 6 continents, over 70 countries and regions, and more than 400 cities. Listed in both Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges, the company is known to be a Fortune Global 500 enterprise that furnishes innovations in pursuit of a greener world.
For more information, please visit www.bydglobal.com.
About BYD Auto
Founded in 2003, BYD Auto is the automotive subsidiary of BYD, a multinational high-tech company devoted to leveraging technological innovations for a better life. Aiming to accelerate the green transition of the global transportation sector, BYD Auto focuses on developing pure electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. The company has mastered the core technologies of the entire industrial chain of new energy vehicles, such as batteries, electric motors, electronic controllers, and automotive-grade semiconductors. It has witnessed in recent years significant technological advancements, including the Blade Battery, the DM-i and DM-p hybrid technology, the e-Platform 3.0, and the CTB technology. The company is the world’s first carmaker to stop the production of fossil-fueled vehicles on EV shift and has remained top of new energy passenger vehicle sales in China for 9 years in a row.
- Asia-Pacific: Mia Gu, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +86-755-8988-8888-69666
- Europe: Penny Peng, PressEU@byd.com tel: +31-102070888
- North America: Frank Girardot, email@example.com tel: +1 213 245 6503
- Latin America: Sofίa Mardones, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +56 9 9821 6851
- Brazil: Adalberto Maluf, email@example.com tel: +19 3514 2554
- Africa: Nikki Li, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +86-18938862670