· BYD retains its leading position in the NEV segment, as it achieves a record monthly sales of 104,338 in March, representing a YoY growth of 160.9%
· BYD announces the end of production of full combustion engine vehicles to focus on the BEV and PHEV market, the first OEM in the world to make such a commitment
Shenzhen, China – BYD achieved record monthly sales of over one hundred thousand new energy passenger vehicles in March.
BYD retained its leading position in the new energy vehicle segment, selling 104,338 new energy passenger vehicles in March, achieving a YoY growth of 160.9%. BYD innovative technologies such as Blade Battery, DM-i Super Hybrid, and a diversified product portfolio, have been pivotal to this success.
This coincides with BYD’s recent announcement that it has now ceased production of full combustion engine vehicles; significantly the first OEM in the world to make such a commitment. BYD will now focus on battery electric (BEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vehicles.
BYD sold 104,338 new energy passenger vehicles in March
In March 2022, 50,674 PHEV vehicles were sold, an increase of 615.2% compared with the same period last year. BYD battery electric vehicles (BEV) have also maintained strong momentum, with a sales volume of 53,664 in March, indicating a YoY increase of 229.2%. Pioneering R&D strength and proven technical expertise are fundamental to BYD’s strong position in the global EV market.
BYD sincerely embraces its brand proposition ‘Technology-Green-Future’ and remains committed to building new energy vehicles, fighting global climate change through technological innovations and eco-friendly products.
BYD (Build Your Dreams) is a multinational high-tech company devoted to leveraging technological innovations for a better life. BYD now has four industries including Auto, Electronics, New Energy, and Rail Transit. Since its foundation in 1995, the company quickly developed solid expertise in rechargeable batteries and became a relentless advocate of sustainable development, successfully expanding its renewable energy solutions globally with operations in over 70 countries and regions. Its creation of a Zero Emissions Energy Solution, comprising affordable solar power generation, reliable energy storage, and cutting-edge electrified transportation, has made it an industry leader in the energy and transportation sectors. BYD is a Warren Buffet-backed company and is listed both on the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges. More information on the company can be found at http://www.byd.com.
- Asia-Pacific: Mia Gu, email@example.com tel: +86-755-8988-8888-69666
- Europe: Penny Peng, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +31-102070888
- North America: Frank Girardot, email@example.com tel: +1 213 245 6503
- Latin America: Sofίa Mardones, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +56 9 9821 6851
- Brazil: Adalberto Maluf, email@example.com tel: +19 3514 2554
- Africa: Nikki Li, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +86-18938862670